Thursday, November 15, 2012

First Day of Kindergarten


I wonder what you're doing right now, and if everyone is treating you kind.
I hope there is a special person, a friend that you can find.

I wonder if the teacher knows, just how special  you are to me.
And if that brightness of your heart is something she can see.

I wonder if you are thinking about me, and if you need a hug.
I already miss the sound of your voice and how you gave my leg a tug.

I wonder if you could possibly understand how hard it is for me to let you grow.
On this day know that my heart breaks, for this is the first step in letting my baby go.




  I'm just a little behind on blogging considering the first day of school was in August, but I wanted to make sure I included this big moment in our lives. Keira is loving school and doing amazing. I can't believe how much she has learned in just the last four months. She wakes up everyday excited to go to school and see her friends and  she has a real excitment for learning. I hope that she will always have that hunger to learn. We already had parent teacher conference, I was so pleased to hear what her teacher had to say about her. She said that Keira is a great student and goes out of her way to be kind and  include all the kids in class. We are so proud of our girl and can't believe how fast she is growning up.

2 comments:

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

That was such a cute poem. Sending them off to Kindergarten is really hard. I hope she is having a great year and loves her teacher! I think all Kindergartners do.

Unknown said...

So cute. I love reading your blog. Keep up the good work. I love how she is pointing her toe in the picture. She has a touch of Grandma Murray to her. So fun!