Saturday, March 20, 2010

When Randy cooks dinner!

The other night Randy offered to make dinner. I thought that sounded fantastic. He had been wanting to try out this new recipe he found for a Chinese dish. I was playing with Keira when all of sudden I hear " Alanna, Help!" I look over and our frying pan is literally on fire- I was sure our house was going to go up in flames. Randy instructed me to open the back door and proceeded to throw the burning pan out the door and onto our lawn. Being the calm one in this situation, I grabbed the baking soda and put out the flames. The final product-it turned out pretty good.






My kitchen was a mess.
He said later that the work to taste ratio was not worth it.



the burnt pan. You should see the burn mark in our grass.
I love that Randy is such a huge help and is willing to cook for us. He is great, but next time I think we will just get take-out!





6 comments:

Candi said...

That's a great story! Remind me never to eat Randy's cooking :)

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Funny story. I'm not sure I would have thought about throwing out the door. That's a guy for you. Good thing you had the baking soda!

J.Frey said...

That is hilarious! Good effort Randy! But seriously, just keep the Dominos number on hand for next time.

Who had to clean up the kitchen?:)

allegra said...

a good effort, randy! that's a sweet thought. reminds me of a day at usu when i overcooked a potato in the microwave and it literally started on fire. once a maynard, always a maynard.

Brian and Jaime said...

lol that is sooo helpful. I love the comparison at the end haha. Super cute story. Great job Randy!

Unknown said...

If I come out to visit, will you cook Alanna?