Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Wonderful World of Disney

The month of October was truly a magical one. Keira received an early birthday present from my mom-tickets to Disney Princesses on Ice. Her little face lighted up the moment it started with Tinker Bell coming out on the Ice, pixie dust flying from her wand. It sounds cheesy, but it truly was a special moment, you could tell Keira just believed in all the magic and make believe. She was in awe the whole time. There was something special about sharing that magical experience with my mom and daughter. It was such a fun day,
Keira is still talking about the show a month later. The elephant was so neat, Keira thought it was so funny.
The grand finale with all the Disney princesses




my mom totally spoiled Keira. I went away for about five minutes and when I came back
Keira had a huge magic wand- I guess that is what Grandma's are for!







Randy's parents gave us an offer we couldn't refuse. They called us and told us they would be in Orlando for a couple of days, they suggested we fly down and take Keira to Disney World. Randy just happened to have the weekend off so we took them up on the offer. It was truly a whirlwind weekend. We flew in Saturday morning, Keira and I got in at 9:30, but unfortunately Randy couldn't get on the same flight he took the next one out and arrived at 11:30. We had a quick lunch and headed for the magic kingdom. To say Keira was excited would be an understatement. She could not wait to meet the Princesses and give them all hugs. We had so much fun, I only wish we would of had more time. Keira loved the electrical parade. It was so cute, I swear every princess in the parade came up to Keira and talked to her -she was in Heaven. We flew home Sunday morning. It was truly exhausting, but so worth it. We were so grateful to Randy's parents for giving us the opportunity to take Keira and to my parents for watching Braden.
Cinderella's castle



Grandma, Grandpa and Keira





Sleeping Beauty and Keira



Cinderella asked Keira if she borrowed her dress from her closet.


Belle and Keira




Keira said this was her favorite ride-go figure!


A truly fun, exhausting day.




5 comments:

Melissa said...

My girls LOVE the carousel at Disneyland!! You would think their favorite ride would be a little more unique.

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Oh wow! What a treat. Can't wait to do all the princess stuff with Ada.

allegra said...

i swear every little girl has a disney princess dress. it is SO very sweet. guess i should start looking for good deals on 'em and stock up for when Ruby is interested. What fun for Keira! She is so dang beautiful.

And I'd say Sleeping Beauty has mastered her curtsey... one graceful finger elevated and all- just like a real princess. Impressive. She always was my favorite:)

Candi said...

How fun! That certainly does sound magical :) And Keira looks adorable!

Um, so totally unrelated to this post - I can't believe how big Braden has gotten! Seriously! What a cutie :)

Unknown said...

Oh man I love this post! It looks like you guys had a blast! I can't wait until Ellie can fall in love with Disneyland! Awesome. She's got some great grandparents on both sides!