Friday, May 28, 2010

Oh Happy Day!

It has been one year, seven months, and 9 days since Randy last flew with Comair Airlines. He was furloughed in Nov of 2008. I can honestly say that this past year in a half has definitely been the hardest trial Randy and I have ever had to endure. I am thrilled to say that on June 14th Randy will be working for Comair once again! This trial has taught both of us so much and we have definitely grown as individuals and as a couple. We have appreciated the out pouring of love, support, and prayers on our behalf. We have learned that prayers truly are answered, maybe not in our time frame, but they are always answered. We have also learned that although the Lord may not always take the trial away he is always with you. We have felt the love of our Father in Heaven so much and have received tremendous blessing all along the way. I am so grateful for the growth of our testimonies and the sweet peace and assurance the gospel brings. I am mostly grateful that my dear husband will be back during what he loves so much. He has been such a trooper, I have one amazing husband. We are truly blessed. Oh happy day!!!

12 comments:

Ashley said...

Yay yay yay!!! I'm so excited to tell J, he'll be so happy. You guys are the best, I'm so glad things are working out.

allegra said...

can i get a woot woot!! i guess i can tell dan he won't have to keep looking for openings at boeing anymore for pilots:)
CONGRATS!! pretty sweet news, that's HUGE! so awesome. let the countdown to June 14th begin...

J.Frey said...

Yay! That is awesome! Congrats!! I am happy that Randy will get to do what he loves again!

Brian and Jaime said...

so excited for you and Randy. That is a happy day!

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

That's so great! Congrats Randy and fam!

srorro said...

I just heard the great news from the zundel family tonight. I am so excited for you guys! Randy is truly amazing for toughing it out. Comair is lucky to have such a great employee!

Melissa said...

Congratulations!!!!!! I am so happy for you guys!

brooksity said...

Yay Randy!! Grandma sent me an email telling me your good news, I am so happy for you!!

Jessica said...

WAHOO RANDY!! I'm so excited for you!

Unknown said...

That was a really sweet post Alanna, it makes me want to cry all over again. We are so happy for you guys! Congrats!

Adrianne said...

That is WONDERFUL news! Congrats! We look forward to hearing Randy over the P.A. as our captain speaking!!!

First Class Fitness said...

I meant to say something last time I was here, but got distracted. So here it is - Horray! That's such great news! I'm sure you both grew a lot from this, but are glad it's over.

As far as me coming to visit - I'm waiting to hear if my sis-in-law is going to college in Kentucky b/c if she is I'd like to visit her while we're there. I'll let you know soon.